I offer Reiki treatments by appointment at DCompress Downtown in San Diego's Little Italy.
A Reiki treatment involves a practitioner who has been “attuned” to the energy of Reiki placing their hands lightly over the body. No physical pressure or massage-like movements are involved. Reiki is received while fully-clothed and lying on a massage table or sitting in a chair. The person receiving Reiki will generally feel relaxed and calm, and may drift off to sleep.
While a single Reiki session can be very effective, it is advised that people experiencing acute or intense conditions receive a course of three to four treatments over a period of two weeks. Receiving Reiki treatments periodically, or practicing self-treatment has cumulative benefits for one’s health over time.
Reiki Treatment (75 min) $90
3 Reiki Treatments (75 min each) $240
New in 2018! Free Monthly Reiki Circles
Experience Reiki with Urban Yogi and fellow Reiki practitioners!
Second Sunday of each month in 2018, 7:00-8:30pm at DCompress Downtown
Reiki Circles are wonderful opportunities for the curious to discover what Reiki is all about, for the Reiki-attuned to practice hands-on healing techniques, and for promoting a healthy community. No experience with Reiki or energy healing is needed. The only pre-requisite for Reiki is openness.
Everyone in attendance receives and learns how to give the natural soothing energy we call Reiki. Information is provided on upcoming trainings, for those interested in receiving the Reiki attunements, which enable us to be more powerful conduits for Reiki.
The Reiki Circle starts with a brief introduction to Reiki and group introductions. Basic techniques are demonstrated. We then set up as many massage tables as we have access to with blankets and pillows. Given the number of people in attendance, we divide the time for each person to receive a treatment from the others present.
Please arrive 15 minutes early to get settled. Doors close promptly at 7:00, and latecomers will not be admitted. Thank you!
Please bring the following items with you:
- Water bottle (hydration is essential)
- Warm layers as needed, including socks
- Your own pillow and/or blanket (optional)
- Journal and pen
- Massage table (if you have access to one)
2018 Reiki Circle Dates:
1/14, 2/11, 3/11, 4/8, 5/13, 6/10, 7/8, 8/12, 9/9, 10/14, 11/11, 12/9
Second Sundays, 7:00-8:30pm
1202 Kettner Blvd. Suite B, San Diego, CA 92101
Becoming attuned to Reiki and learning how to use it in your everyday life is an incredible way to care for yourself and enhance your spiritual practice.
My relationship with Reiki is strong and brings me peace, health and well-being in every area of my life. I have practiced Reiki daily since April, 2012 when I received my first attunement from Reiki Master Catharine Walkinshaw through the Usui Shiki Ryoho & Ichi Sekai System of Natural Healing. After two years of study and attunements in the three degrees of Reiki, I became a Reiki Master Teacher.
Since 2014, I have had the honor of serving as a Reiki Master Teacher for about 80 students and practitioners of the First and Second Degrees. I have attuned 9 Reiki Masters, and have a lifetime goal of training 50 Reiki Masters as a contribution to world peace.
2018 Reiki Trainings in San Diego
Trainings are held at DCompress Downtown from Saturday to Sunday, 10am-4pm.
Please register using the links below. Space is limited.
Level 1: May 19-20 & Nov. 17-18, 2018
Level 2: July 28-29, 2018
Level 3: Apr. 14-15 & Sep. 22-23, 2018
Level 1: $270
Level 2: $360
Level 3: $450
Level 1 Reiki Class
- Learn about the origin, history and evolution of Reiki as a healing practice.
- Experience Reiki energy and learn how it is used to promote general wellbeing in your body and your surroundings.
- Receive the First Degree attunements to your heart, throat, third-eye and crown chakras to magnify the natural healing abilities of body, mind and soul.
- Use clinically relevant and traditional Usui Reiki methods for enhancing your general well-being, and sharing Reiki with others.
- Learn how to use Reiki on plants and animals, and to harmonize the energy of your physical environment.
Level 2 Reiki Class
- Share your experience in practicing Reiki since your Level 1 class, ask questions and refresh Level 1 treatment protocol and principles.
- Learn how to use Reiki for mental and emotional wellbeing.
- Apply Reiki directly to the seven main chakras to support physical, mental and emotional health in the body's main energy centers.
- Practice sending Reiki to past events, into the future and from a distance.
- Connect with fellow Reiki practitioners and build your your spiritual community.
“Susana is a true healer. Not only she is an exceptional yoga instructor, but also a very gifted Reiki Master. She has a huge heart and extraordinary gift of healing. I’ve seen unbelievable results after her Reiki sessions, she literally takes away all the stress and energy unbalance - in an hour you’ll feel your healthiest, no matter how low you felt prior it. Pure magic. Susana’s religion is kindness and love, she brings you from any dark or tired state of mind into the light and overall wellness. I highly recommend Susana’s Reiki sessions. She is truly inspiring, compassionate, knowledgable, and wonderful.”
— Kristalyn W.
“I was going through a really hard time, nightmares- pain -restlessness- detachment- and someone suggested Reiki. After just one session with Susanna, I had the most restful night of sleep since my surgery and trauma. She is not just a Reiki Master, she is a healer and peaceful presence. I am so grateful to her and her wonderful studio!”
— Loxie G.